Preparing the Skin During the Cold Weather
During the cold weather, the skin loses its radiance, becomes dull, lifeless and in need of an energising boost. With the festive season now behind us it’s time to take a look at what is needed to put some life back into our skincare routine.
It’s Time for Some Change of Season SOS
Prevention is better than cure. We know the wind, cold and rain during the winter months will play havoc with the best of skins if it is not protected in the right way, layering products will help enormously. (Think of the amount of clothing you wear in the winter compared to the summer and apply the same theory to protect skin).
Following this philosophy, we need to revisit the correct way our prescribed products should be used and treat our skin like the valuable organ that it is, using the corrective serums and creams is a must.
Let’s remind ourselves what is needed to achieve a good skincare routine at home. Here are some reminders of what our routine should consist of and why:
- Removes dirt, sebum, makeup, pollution and grime: The skin will be more HYDRATED, feeling FRESH and CLEAN. This is one of the most important skincare steps if the skin is not completely clean from impurities, products that are used thereon will sit on the surface of grime and not penetrate into the skin.
- Excessive dirt builds up on the surface can cause blockages of the follicle, trapping sebum, sweat, and dead skin cells. … Proper skin cleansing clears pores of debris to prevent dirt buildup, allowing the sebum oil to reach the skin surface unimpeded; decreasing the chances of a breakout.
- KATHERINE DANIELS has an array of cleansing products that are full of minerals and trace elements to give you a gentle yet detoxifying cleansing experience, please CONTACT ME for advice on which cleaning product would suit your skin type. Recommended used daily am/pm
- REMOVES any RESIDUE of previous products, HYDRATING and REFRESHING the skin.
- Used after cleansing, exfoliating and mask application to remove any traces of residue from products, ensuring the skin is completely clean, reinvigorated and comfortable.
- KATHERINE DANIELS ESSENTIAL LOTION is alcohol-free and enriched with soothing components of Pumpkin Extract and Sea Water, your skin will be HYDRATED, REFRESHED and SOOTHED. Recommended used daily am/pm
- REMOVES DEAD SKIN CELLS: The skin will look BRIGHTER, feel SOFT and by doing so all of the other products applied will be able to release their active ingredients into the skin as there is no “dead skin” blocking their entrance. This means better RESULTS from every product used.
- CELLULAR REGENERATION: Removing the old cells will encourage new growth and healthy skin renewal process. Exfoliators are amongst the best natural anti-ageing products as they keep the skin regenerating in a more youthful way.
- KATHERINE DANIELS ESSENTIAL EXFOLIATING GEL: Non- abrasive formulation dissolves dead skin cells thanks to AHA’s from RED ALGAE. Can be used on the most delicate skins, revealing LUMINOSITY without aggression. Recommended used 1-2 weekly
Skin Concentrate (Serums):
- Face CONCENTRATES are LIGHTWEIGHT that penetrate deeper to deliver ACTIVE INGREDIENTS into your skin. Depending on what skin type and requirement needed, Concentrates can HYDRATE, REPAIR, BOOST, PROTECT, SOOTH, STIMULATE and REINFORCE skin cells before they reach the outer layer of the epidermis. It is recommended using them in conjunction with a face cream to help lock this product into the skin.
- KATHERINE DANIELS has an array of CONCENTRATES within their brand, please CONTACT ME for more information on a product to suit your skin’s needs. Recommended used am/pm
- ESSENTIAL for SKIN HEALTH, PLUMPING and REDUCING the appearance of FINE LINES and WRINKLES. It also PROTECTS the skin from various effects of weather, like heat and wind.
- MAINTAINS SKIN BALANCE, MOISTURISING, reduces the chance of skin problems such as dehydration, dryness, reduces the appearance of blemishes. Skin stays LOOKING YOUNG, the most sensitive areas of our skin – the face, ears, neck, and chest – replace themselves more often than any other area on your skin. This daily loss of skin cells leaves these areas vulnerable to the dryness and the elements – in fact, they are highest-risk areas for skin cancer. Moisturising can help give your sensitive skin the BOOST it needs to REPAIR itself and stay HEALTHY.
- Depending on your skin’s needs, KATHERINE DANIELS has an array of face CREAMS to help NOURISH, HYDRATE, PLUMP and keep you looking RADIANT and YOUTHFUL. Please CONTACT ME for advice on a product that would be suitable.
DAILY DNA DEFENCE SPF30:
- UVA + UVB, Blue Light & Pollution Protection: KATHERINE DANIELS have produced this ULTRA-LIGHT FLUID that quickly transforms into an invisible veil with no oily or white residue. Combating skin damage from the effects of UV, blue light (emitted from our smartphones and computers), and pollution. High UVA + UVB protection formulated with Active DNA Defence Enzymes and Advanced photo ageing technology, DEFENDING, REPAIRING, and PROTECTING DNA. Recommend used daily after applying Face Cream, please CONTACT ME for more information.
- Regular visits to your skincare specialist not only gives you a more in-depth treatment, but your KD SKINCARE THERAPIST can also recommend the CORRECT TREATMENT and PRODUCTS for your skin’s needs. Our skin is constantly changing due to factors such as the weather, general health, diet, medication, stress to name but a few. These factors play an essential role in the health of our skin, and it is of the utmost importance that we are treating our skin with the care it deserves to ensure BEAUTIFUL SKIN FOR LIFE!
I hope you have found this information useful if you do need help with your skincare please don’t hesitate to CONTACT ME!